Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Eau de Salvation

I belong to a women's bible study group that meets on Tuesday mornings. Because of my particular brand of humor the back of the room is usually the safest place for me. Yesterday morning was no expection. The pastor's wife was leading that mornings lesson over the last chaper of Hosea. Some backgroud information will be necessary for you to understand my vision. In the 12th chapter it states in v. 6 "His splendor will be like an olive tree, his fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon." Our wise leader (and that is said without any sarcasm. She is wise!) made the analogy that cedar keeps away moths and smells better than moth balls and could be like keeping evil off of God's children. In a burst of joy and enthusiam she exclaims "how wonderful we can cover ourselves in the fragrance of Jesus Christ!" To the rousing applause my mind suddenly transported to another place instantly. Why don't you come with me now:

SCENE: BEACH AT SUNRISE
THE SAND IS SOFT AND PERFECT AS THE WAVES ROLL GENTLY ASHORE. IT'S TOO EARLY FOR THE HARD SURF. THE MORNING IS PEACEFUL. IN THE SKY A LONE CLOUD APPEARS AND THE SUN SCATTERS ITS RAYS AROUND IT. FROM THE CLOUD A FORM BEGINS A DESCEND AS IT GROWS CLOSER TO EARTH THE OUTLINE OF A MAN IN A ROBE BECOMES CLEARER. THE MAN LANDS GRACEFULLY ON THE SAND AND TURNS TO THE CAMERA. HE HOLDS UP A BOTTLE IN HIS HAND AND SAYS:
"Salvation the newest fragrance by JCAM" (Jesus Christ Almighty)

END SCENE

Meanwhile back at the bible study, I'm doubled over with my hand in my mouth to keep from laughing out loud. It wasn't good enough if the evil eyes I was getting was any indicator. I suppose to some this sort of humor is offensive but I have to go with the fact that I love the Lord and he made me this way! To quote my mother "somethin' happened to your brains along time ago!" I'm not sure what exactly but that's ok! If God didn't have a sense of humor Himself would he have made the platypus?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HA! HA! HA! Love it! I've always said that God has a sense of humor. I'll bet he loved it as much as we do!